What a great turnout last night with close to 50 people training. Here is a review of what was covered.
The complete 'newbies' covered open and closed Kob Kob, downwards half X and 3 count entry.
The others covered open Kob Kob to closed Kob and added in the rest of the basic package.
You covered 6,8,10 and 12 count. You then went on to the first stages of 3 count Sombrada with double stick by isolating roof block, inside sweep and then low wing. Next week, you will do the drill as a whole.
You continued with the development of 5 count sombrada and using different methods of dealing with various angles but managing to maintain the flow of the drill. We did the following:
- Angle 1 - block and stab (angle 5) - KDL method
- Angle 1 - block and upwards strike to other hand - KDL method
- Angle 1 - gunting and angle 2 strike - Lacoste
- Angle 4 - simultaneous strike to hand and head (like Gaan sau) - KDL method
- Angle 5 - as per angle 4
- Angle 3 - as per angle 4/5 but in the opposite direction
The previous reports have the video material containing ALL the beginner and intermediate material so continue to refer to that. As for the advanced stuff, the material is not going to be available in video on this blog :)