Wednesday 12 October 2011

CFS - Empty Hands - Basic striking/padwork series - Curriculum - 2011 for Instructors & Students

Ok Guys, further to requests from some of you, I have put on video the current basic striking series I am using for all levels. It is essential that all students and instructors familiarise themselves with this material.

The series is centred around five pasic punches and is really useful for the pad holder as well as the striker. In my view, in order to gain a better understanding of striking you really ought to be able to pad hold in as many different ways as possible.
The videos are self explanatory but the five punches are as follows (using the numbering system)

1.Jab
2.Cross
3.Lead hook
4.Lead uppercut to head
5.Rear uppercut to head

I also want to thank Glen Akwei for his help. Glen is one of only 2 coaches on the CFS MMA program, and has extensive experience in the art of Muay Thai having trained in Thailand many times as well as in Holland. He has competed in Muay Thai as well as amateur MMA. He is a former student of Guro Bob Breen and Winston Fraser and has been training with me for many years now. He currently teaches the Muay Thai classes at Mill Hill CCA academy and assists me in the MMA classes.





Video 2



Video 3



Video 4



Video 5



Enjoy and feel free to let me know how you get on with it

1 comment:

Liam H Wandi said...

Fantastice stuff. I wish your blog had "like" and "tweet" buttons so we can spread the love (hint hint!)