Sunday 31 January 2010

The Beginning of a new era - January 2010


My promotion to BLACK BELT on the podium by Thiago 'Monstro" Borges, on behalf of Ricardo Vieira and Rodrigo Cabral







3 Time European Brazilian Jiujitsu Champion - 2008, 2009, 2010









On Saturday 30th January 2010, thanks to God's grace and the support and friendship of my Family, friends and numerous training partners, after achieving a milestone and winning the Euros in my division for the 3rd time in a row, 12 years of studying BJJ came to fruition when I was awarded my BLACK BELT out of the blue on the podium in front of my peers.

It hasn't quite sunk in yet, but I want to thank GOD first and everyone who has supported me in all areas over the years.....my success, is your success......Thank you

6 comments:

Meerkatsu said...

This is awesome news David, everyone who has been touched by your presence is really chuffed for you, including me. Well done, fully deserved. Amazing!

slideyfoot said...

Congrats! That sounds like pretty much the perfect way to get promoted.

Unknown said...

Hi David,

Congratulations to you Sir!

Best wishes

Greg

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Guro!!!

Amazing job well done and well deserved, see you soon.

Suleyman

David Onuma - Combined Fighting Systems said...

Thanks alot guys....your best wishes are truly heartfelt

TFP said...

Congratulations Dave on an awesome achievement! Many people never make it to blue belt! A truly great acievement in the martial arts; all the hard work of training week in week out, the injuries and the sacrifices made on the way, everything you have gone through over the years has duly been recognised!

You're an inspiration to many on the UK scene, myself included and motivates many people to keep on with their own training and personal journeys.......